Thunderbird 1.0 rpm update?

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Mon Mar 14 05:16:15 UTC 2005

I did a clean install of FC3 ... I use Thunderbird for e-mail.

Thunderbird 0.9 is installed now, but 1.0 is available from
www.mozilla.org, but not via yum update.

If I d/l and install the new version from  mozilla.org, will that mess
up the yum update process? What's the impact of installing a program
"manually" when it's handled by yum update?

I don't know when 1.0 was released, so maybe I'm just too impatient...
:-) But is there likely to be an update for Thunderbird soon, or will
the new version just be included via FC4?

Thanks,
Don