Thunderbird 1.0 rpm update?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Mar 14 08:08:03 UTC 2005

Don Russell wrote:

> I did a clean install of FC3 ... I use Thunderbird for e-mail.
>
> Thunderbird 0.9 is installed now, but 1.0 is available from
> www.mozilla.org, but not via yum update.
>
> If I d/l and install the new version from  mozilla.org, will that mess
> up the yum update process? What's the impact of installing a program
> "manually" when it's handled by yum update?
>
> I don't know when 1.0 was released, so maybe I'm just too impatient...
> :-) But is there likely to be an update for Thunderbird soon, or will
> the new version just be included via FC4?
>
> Thanks,
> Don

No one is answering, so I'll take a shot at it. Have you got the
fedorafaq.org or equivalent yum.conf? If I recall correctly, my
Thunderbird was upgraded to 1.0 through the normal yum upgrade process.
I think the repos fedorafaq uses are not only faster (less congested)
but may also be a bit more on the edge. Someone else may contradict
this, but that's my experience.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA