httpd serving wrong DocumentRoot

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Mon Mar 14 13:10:40 UTC 2005

> I'm trying to get apache2 to run on fc3 just for local work but having
> lots of problems...
>
> 1. I've edited /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf so it reads ...
> # DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
> DocumentRoot "/mnt/SharedFiles/www"
> ... that /www is on a vfat partition, I've stopped SELinux from
> protecting apache.
>
> 2. I've commented out /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf
>
> 3. the /mnt/SharedFiles/www is owned by 'root' and the 'common' group of
> which apache is a member.
>
> But i still get the content from /var/www/error/noindex.html
>
> Something someone isn't working as I expected!
>
> Duncan
>
> --

- did you restart apache? /sbin/service httpd restart
- did you clean your pc's cache?
- did you eventually clean your proxy's cache?
- have you not just set your document root directive, but also the directory-directive:
    <Directory "/var/www/html"> to <Directory "/mnt/SharedFiles/www"> in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf?
- does the user running apache the appropriate rights ?

HTH
Roger