ftp windoze <- fc3 works fine, ftp fc3 <- fc3 doesn't work? (for me)

Alexander Boström abo at kth.se
Mon Mar 14 13:45:45 UTC 2005

mån 2005-03-14 klockan 13:31 +0000 skrev Bob Brennan:

> In FC3 I can only pwd and cd,
> as you can see below. So the connection in FC3 is good,

I assure you, it is a firewall problem. FTP sets up additional
connections for some operations, like list, get and put. This connection
fails with "No route to host" which is typical for the FC3 firewall.

FTP can work around problems caused by firewalls, but not if both the
client and the server stops the connection in the firewall. That's why
it works when only one end has a firewall. The FC3 firewalls lets the
first connection through, but not the additional connections.

/abo