Redirect Grub or copy new boot

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Mar 14 15:52:35 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:
>> The idea to to add the "Fedora Core 3" entry to the FC2 grub.conf file
>> (used by the FC2 grub installed on the MBR), where this entry
>> chain-loads the FC3 grub from /dev/hda5, which has its own grub.conf
>> file within /dev/hda5.
>>
>> So you go through two levels of grub menus to boot FC3.
>>
>> Paul.
>>
> Hi All,
>
> nah, Paul, that still gives the same eror as b4. How can I direct it to
> just go straight to the hda5 grub.conf to see if that will work..? Cheers.

If you do that, you'll struggle to boot your FC2 system again.

Tell me exactly what happens when you boot up. You get your FC2 boot
menu, right? It has a "Fedora Core 3" entry in it, corresponding to this
grub.conf entry:

title Fedora Core 3
     rootnoverify (hd0,4)
     chainloader +1

You select "Fedora Core 3" and then you get some error?

Paul.