server admn help

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 16:15:36 UTC 2005

matt...

is it that users are trying to login into/access the machine? if this is the
case, i believe there are ways that you can essentially disallow access to
the given ip, either at the router (if you have one) or via the use of
iptables. a search on google would probably be the best way to get quick
information (assuming you haven't already). you might also want to post to
some of the other redhat/linux mailing lists. i also seem to recall that
there are a few security oriented mailing lists that could be helpful.

when all else fails, you would probably have luck calling any company that
does linux/system integration. just ask them how they'd go about solving the
issue for a small business. you'd be surprised at how much information you
might get this way!

good luck!