Info: NeroLINUX published - Nero burning software for Linux platforms

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Mar 14 16:38:22 UTC 2005

Nils Holland wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 17:14 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
>

>>I see it as an attempt to enter the Linux world, but without support and
>>a means of feedback to see what users like/dislike then why should
>>anyone choose their product.... Especially since it REQUIRES that I
>>already own a Windows version that I can register to try it.  I hate to
>>bust your bubble, but I am not going to purchase both Windows and a
>>windows version of Nero just to see what it is and if I like the version
>>on Linux.
>

> Again, this is not necessary! If you wanted to try it, just buy a Nero 6
> serial number from Ahead. That number can be entered right away in the
> Windows version if you want to download that one. Now, if you want to
> use the Linux version, you'd just have to go to another form on a
> website (namely this one: http://register.nero.com/deu/register1.asp),
> enter your serial number there, and you can download and use the Linux
> version.

I think the one point you are missing is many people on this list do
not have any reason for having any Windows software.  Why would I
purchase a Windows program with I do not have or use any Windows
machines?  This leads to the issue of why pay for a Linux program that
does not have any support.  In order to try the Linux product, I must
purchase a Windows product.  It isn't free to me in any way.

If I purchased the Windows version to get the Linux version, does the
license allow me to sell the useless Windows version and still use the
Linux version?  I really doubt it.

--
Robin Laing