Lan to Wan reprise - Solved

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Mar 14 17:06:48 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:
| On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 02:23 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
|| Jeff Vian wrote:
|

| glad you got the masq issue solved.

Yes, but can you tell me why??? See my new thread "MASQUERADE and
SNAT"

|| If anyone reads this could you point your browser at
|| http://66.225.207.87 and tell me if it returns a page
|| "Creative Media Associates" so I can know if http server is up.
|
| "connection refused when attempting to connect to 66.225.207.87"
| using firefox

Looks like I still have some work to do. I'm not completely sure
that my IP address is public. My ISP calls it a 'private' address
and wants more money for what they call a 'public' address.
However, when my Lynksys router was still up, I enabled remote
administration on it, and I was able to access its configuration
window via http over port 8080. If I could http into my static IP
over port 8080, it seems to me that I should be able to do regular
http over port 80. We'll see. Thanks for your help last 24 hours.

Claude Jones
Levit & James, Inc./WTVS
Leesburg, VA, USA