MASQUERADE and SNAT

Charles A. Crayne ccrayne at crayne.org
Mon Mar 14 22:11:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:01:04 -0500
"Claude Jones" <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

:So, my questions: Is this a product of my imperfect reading of the
:manual, an instance of wrong documentation, a bit of both? By
:using MASQUERADE and not SNAT, have I exposed my box to any
:mischief?

I have always used MASQUERADE, and never used SNAT, because I started using
MASQUERADE before there was a SNAT, and MASQUERADE has always worked, so I
have never gotten around to changing it. As I read the documentation, the
caution about using SNAP is far too strong.

-- Chuck