sendmail/clamav-milter problem

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Tue Mar 15 00:01:49 UTC 2005

Hi Y'all,
runnin fc3, sendmail 8.13.1-2, clamav 0.83-1.

I catch this message from /var/log/messages at boot:
 sendmail: WARNING: Xclmilter: local socket name /var/run/clmilter.sock
missing

...looked in /var/run/  ....no clmilter.sock

then I did # find / -name clmilter.sock          ....nowhere on the
system

I went to clamav's irc ...some fella said to try the howto on
http://sial.org/howto/clamav/clamav-milter/ ....ummm wrong info for this
version or something...told me to add a suspicious a line
in /etc/clamd.conf: StreamSaveToDisk
That plus others w/no problem but clamd.conf complained about that one
option in var/log/messages and then clamd.conf failed...removed the line
and clamd seems fine.

sendmail 8.13.1-2 is compiled w/milter so that is fine

I went to clamav's user msg list but they never ummm ....forgot the
word...you know how when you want to subscribe to a msg list and the
site msgs you back bla bla...they never msged me back.

anyone have any suggestions?
thx in advance

John Rose
--
Trust Everyone...just make sure you brand your cattle