sendmail/clamav-milter problem

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Tue Mar 15 01:22:42 UTC 2005

> Am Di, den 15.03.2005 schrieb rado um 1:01:
>
> > Hi Y'all,
> > runnin fc3, sendmail 8.13.1-2, clamav 0.83-1.
> >
> > I catch this message from /var/log/messages at boot:
> >  sendmail: WARNING: Xclmilter: local socket name /var/run/clmilter.sock
> > missing
> >
> > ...looked in /var/run/  ....no clmilter.sock
> >
> > then I did # find / -name clmilter.sock          ....nowhere on the
> > system
>
> > John Rose
>
> The error means what it says: Sendmail expects the socket file where
> defined and there is none. You have something like
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter', `S=unix:/var/run/clmilter.sock, F=T,
> T=S:4m;R:4m;E:4m')dnl
>
> in your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc. Sendmail tries to access this socket file
> when starten. So you should have started the clamav-milter service prior
> to the Sendmail service start. And of course you must have started it at
> all. And be sure the /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter configuration file
> contains the same socket file location and name as specified in the
> sendmail.mc.
>
> http://www.fedoranews.org/contributors/ron_goulard/clamav/
>
> is a well written article, explaining some important details.
>
> Alexander
Hi Alexander and thx for the reply,

my line is right in sendmail.mc
I looked thru that article you stated above and yes, it is good info
but, I am not sure but I think my problem is clamav -0.83-1 specific. my
reasoning is that it's lacking the file clmilter.sock anywhere on my
system....and that fedora news article calls for etc/sysconfig/clamav-
milter conf which is also not there...it's like I have no clamav-milter
on this system

thx
jr

--
Trust Everyone...just make sure you brand your cattle