FC3 randomly crashing

Endy endy at digitalgrotto.net
Tue Mar 15 01:23:39 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I have been having issues with fc3 randomly crashing.  Sometimes with a
heavy load, other times when nothing at all is going on.  Every piece of
hardware has either been replaced or swapped out or tested in a
different system, including harddrives, all without problems.  For
awhile I had problems with one of the harddrives and orphaned inodes and
the like, but I ran the manufacturers diagnostic program and those
errors have been corrected.  My previous system had an athlon 2500+ and
now my current system is an AMD64 3000+.  I had these issues on the
2500+  and on the 64bit under both x86 and x86_64 version of fedora.
I've kept packages up to date and even built a vanilla kernel to see if
that would work. Transfering large files across the network also causes
the machine to lock up.  I'm stumped.  Any ideas?

-Endy