Reiserfs on Fedora

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:23:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:22:18 +0530, Rahul Sundaram
<rahulsundaram at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:01:15 -0500, Chris Strzelczyk
> <chris4136 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Just out of curiosity, which application requires reiserfs ?
> >
> > I run Arkeia and it eats up a eleventy billion inodes on ext3.  Arkeia
> > recommands reiserfs.
>
> reiserfs is not really supported in fedora though you can install it
> with linux reiserfs during installation

Of course, nothing in Fedora Core is actually supported (except by
this list and other excellent non-commercial means). I don't really
mean to dispute what Rahul says, but reiserfs is an amazing FS, works
nicely under Fedora Core, and you can get professional support from
its authors (namesys.com) for $25/question:

http://www.namesys.com/support.html

So in a way reiserfs is at least as supported as anything else is in Fedora.