USB hotplugging does not work on all machines anymore

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 04:17:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 04:37:36 +0100, Markus Huber
<humarfedoralists at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Just realised a weird behaviour. My desktop does not recognise:
>
> - my USB scanner
> - my USB connected external IDE hd-case
>
> # lsusb
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>
> Bus 001 is not shown anymore, the query is blocked. So is hwbrowser and
> system-network-configuration (sic!).
>
> The IDE-drive plugged in or the scanner on power even blocks booting
> into FC3.
>
> And I cannot find any - at least to me - relevant information in the logs.
>
> dmseg shows that:
>
> # dmesg | grep "usb" usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
> usbcore: registered new driver hub
> usbcore: registered new driver hiddev
> usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
> drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver
> usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
>
> On the contrary: on my notebook (a HP zd7000) everything works fine
> (same and latest patchlevel on both machines).
>
> Does anybody experience the same strange behaviour or know a solution or
> workaround?

Hey ,

first boot your machine and then plug your scanner or usb hd .Please
see the logs (tail -f /var/log/messages) and see if there any errors
in it.

There are some issues with usb devices please update the rpms like
kernel ,udev,usbdevices ,initscripts,ramdisk.

I hope after updating the problem will get resolved.

Regards

Ankush