FC3+ Hauppauge WinTV+dual head video

Paul Almquist paul at almquist.name
Tue Mar 15 06:36:52 UTC 2005

Hi all--

I have a Hauppauge WinTV model 190 tv tuner card (Bt878 chipset) on my
dualhead FC3 system.  My video card is a Matrox g400 and uses the Matrox
mgadriver-4.1 driver from the Matrox website.  Screen resolution is 1024x768
on each screen.   My kernel is 2.6.10-1.770_FC3.

The tv card works fine (once I found the right tuner number--39) with both
TVtime and kdetv when the window is on the left hand screen.  If I move the
window to the right hand screen the video goes blank (solid blue with TVtime
and solid black with kdetv).  If the window sits in the middle, split between
the 2 screens, only the part on the right hand screen is blank.  Audio is not
effected by window position.

Does this appear to be a driver issue (bttv, video4linux, mga) or application
(Tvtime, kdetv) issue or something else?  I have not seen anything in the
application configurations that relates to this and nothing in google.

Thanks for any suggestions offered.

paul

--
Paul Almquist