Partition visible to both XP and Fedora?

NGUYEN Dang-Truc bobotaito at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 09:16:48 UTC 2005

Create a group called LOCALFS with ID = 500 for example, add your user
account to this group, then add mount command to fstab with gid=500.
You'll be able to read/write to this partition.
Another possibility is using a EXT2FS on windows, you can find this tool
on www.sf.net .

Example of my fstab :

/dev/hdb5    /media/D    vfat
auto,rw,uid=0,gid=500,showexec,quiet,fmask=117,dmask=007,pamconsole,managed
0 0