FC1 -> FC3 upgrade killed my system

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 11:59:06 UTC 2005

Hi folks.

Having upgraded  my laptop I thought I'd do the much simpler task of
updating my desktop.  However, I've got a problem.

When I try to boot up it fails to moint the root partition with an error
message saying that it doesn't like the clause 'CHECK=STRICT' or that a
clause is missing.

I've booted using disk1 into rescue mode, chrooted to /mnt/sysimage and
changed /etc/fstab to remove the clause and replace it with 'DEFAULTS'
instead, but it still comes up with the above error message.

Anyone know what I need to do next?
--
Gary Stainburn