httpd serving wrong DocumentRoot

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 13:26:00 UTC 2005

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> using a vfat partition - I can understand that you think it's crazy
> but then I'm quite new to linux and don't quite feel comfortable
> losing the possibility to read the files in /www from my winXP
> installation. That's just what I'm used to. I'll accept if it can't be
> done - but it sounds like it _can_ be but it's problematic (at least
> for me so far).

It might be simpler to just copy the files from /www to /var/www/html on
boot (and relabel them, if you're using SELinux).

Put a line like
cp -a /winxp/www /var/www/html
into /etc/rc.d/rc.local

If you want to edit the files when you're in Linux, either edit them in
both places, edit one copy and move it to the other location, edit in
/winxp/www (or wherever), or script copying them back on system
shutdown.

See
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/sn-simple-setup.html
for SELinux relabelling docs.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | Q. "Why can't I print?"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | A. "Because you're not a printer."