Acrobat Reader

Tue Mar 15 14:11:21 UTC 2005

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 March 2005 00:40, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>
>>There's a new commercial Adobe Acrobat reader - screenshots look like
>>gtk2
>>
>>ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-
>>1.i386.rpm
>>
>>I haven't tried it yet - it's downloading now - previous Adobe readers
>>(for me) have only been worth deleting - but people are saying they
>>like this one a lot.
>

> So this is not free ? I downloaded and installed it but wondering if I
> supposed to have a license of some sort. Where do you get the link from? I
> couldn't find it from the website (adobe.com)
>
> RDB

In general, the stand-alone Reader application has always been free. It
is the full Acrobat application that must be purchased.

What is interesting, now having installed this RPM, is that there is no
indication that this is a beta product. Adobe announced back in January
that there was a beta program for version 7 on Linux/Unix and made it
available to a limited number of folks who registered for the program. I
registered, but did not get in.

Does anyone know what the status of this particular RPM is?  There is no
indication of version 7's release for Linux/Unix on the Adobe website
and the download area still lists version 5 as the most recent release.

Marc