FC3, ndiswrapper, dlink dwl-650+

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Mar 15 14:44:24 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get my dlink wireless card working with FC3. I saw some
posts in the archive that some people have got this working. I'm
following the docs at ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net.

I've compiled and installed ndiswrapper. I see in messages that it is
installed with the following message:
Mar 15 09:21:10 laptop kernel: ndiswrapper version 1.1 loaded
(preempt=no,smp=yes)

I can also load the driver:
[root at laptop WinXP]# ndiswrapper -i
/install/ndiswrapper/D-Link_AirPlus_v3.06_1007/Drivers/WinXP/AIRPLUS.INF
Installing airplus
[root at laptop WinXP]# ndiswrapper -l Installed ndis drivers:
airplus driver present

The doc says I should see something in /var/log/messages for the card
being loaded, but I get nothing.

I can modprobe ndiswrapper and see it in lsmod.
The card has lights flashing.

Anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks,
James