Grub fails when moving HD to a new computer

rescondio no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Tue Mar 15 14:50:10 UTC 2005

Hmm.. nice try. I really thought this was the cause, but I've checked it and both computers shows the same geometry :(

I've tried using "linux rescue" on FC3-CD1 but when I do a grub-install it reports that can not find /sbin/grub.
I linked /mnt/sysimage/sbin/grub to /sbin/grub but still cant install grub :)

Do you know how can I rewrite MBR in the new computer for installing grub again ? I don't plan to move hd to old computer again.

Thanks !

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=49177&topic_id=12422&forum=6#forumpost49177