Acrobat Reader

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Mar 15 15:50:09 UTC 2005

MAP> There's a new commercial Adobe Acrobat reader - screenshots look
MAP> like gtk2

MAP> ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-1.i386.rpm

Great, another packager that thinks it's OK to put things in
/usr/local.  It's nice that the package is relocatable, but as far as
I know I can't make yum apply relocations.

Anyone know how to take a relocatable package and generate a relocated
package?  In the past I've done it the hard way: by using rpm2cpio to
unpack the package manually and generating my own.

The scripts are interesting as well.  They play around with various
ldap libraries in an interesting way.  I guess they want to use the
system ones if available and use theirs otherwise.  It seems that
would have been more easily done by using -rpath when they linked the
thing.

Anyone interested on working out a specfile to turn this into a
proper package?

 - J<