Acrobat Reader

Nils Holland nholland at tisys.org
Tue Mar 15 15:58:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 09:50 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> Anyone interested on working out a specfile to turn this into a
> proper package?

Just as a note of caution: Since we're not dealing with free software
(as in "free speech") here, it is a good question in which way we are
actually allowed to turn this into a proper package. One would have to
read the EULA that either comes with the RPM package or can be found
somewhere on the Adobe website. It is entirely possible that
redistribution is only allowed in unmodified form, so when you make your
own proper package for anything but your own in-house use, this might be
a violation of their license.

But this is only a general word of caution when it comes to "non-free,
no-cost software". Just have a look at the terms this thing comes with,
and then see if you are allowed to change the way it is packages and
give your modification to others.

Greetings,
Nils