Acrobat Reader

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:46:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:00:26 +0000, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:

> On 03/14/2005 09:40:49 PM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > There's a new commercial Adobe Acrobat reader - screenshots look like
> > gtk2
> >
> > ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-1.i386.rpm
> >
> > I haven't tried it yet - it's downloading now - previous Adobe
> > readers (for me) have only been worth deleting - but people are
> > saying they like this one a lot.
>
> Works well - and it is dynamically linked against gtk2+ which means it
> gets menu shadowing from my patched install of gtk2+ and this matches
> everythinh I use (except firefox) :)
>
> --
> Michael A. Peters
> http://mpeters.us/

I wonder... I have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, although I don't
remember from which repo I got it. Using the link cited, will it
overwrite the current version here, or will I end up with two
acroreads installed?

>rpm -q acroread
acroread-5.0.10-1.1.fc3.rf
>where acroread
/usr/bin/acroread

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680