Iptables problem with allowing http - Solved

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Mar 15 17:59:46 UTC 2005

Thanks, again to those who made suggestions. I just tried my site from
work, and it's up. This am, I tried the following. I had configured the
web services on my firewall during installation of FC3. This am, I
turned off the firewall using the FC3 'Security level' tool under System
services. This flushed all the rules in iptables. Then I ran the script
I'd generated again, saved it, and in this way, implemented only the
rules I'd created with the script. Now, it's working. Apparently, there
was some conflict created by the two sets of rules being implemented at
the same time.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA