USB hotplugging does not work on all machines anymore

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 15 19:35:43 UTC 2005

James Wilkinson wrote:

> Try, as root, running
> /sbin/rmmod ehci
> before plugging the disk in. This downgrades the kernel to USB 1.1, but
> solves some issues.

Now i updated to the new udev, which is already in the updates tree for
FC3 (though not at all mirrors yet). Nothing changed.

$ rpm -q udev
udev-039-10.FC3.7

I tried your recommendation, but I get:

# /sbin/rmmod ehci
ERROR: Module ehci does not exist in /proc/modules

So i looked into it, but it seems to be there:

# cat /proc/modules | grep "ehci"
ehci_hcd 32585 0 - Live 0xe0958000

# /sbin/lsmod | grep "ehci"
ehci_hcd               32585  0

So now I get to the regions of Linux resp. Fedora, about which I - as
non professional user - do not have any knowledge anymore.

--
Thank you
Markus