sendmail problem

avi at m-issues.org avi at m-issues.org
Tue Mar 15 21:48:01 UTC 2005

Quoting Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>:

> Am Di, den 15.03.2005 schrieb avi at m-issues.org um 21:31:
>
> You changed major things.
>
> > Well here it is:
> > divert(-1)dnl
>
> > define(`confTO_COMMAND',120s)dnl
>
> Sure about this syntax? Not `' the seconds value?

This is how the syntax is for this line from the original file before I changed
anything.

> > dnl define(`CERT_DIR',`/etc/mail/certs')
> > define(`CERT_DIR',`/usr/share/ssl/certs')
>
> How shall the `CERT_DIR' work if the previous line is commented?

The second line is where the CERT_DIR is located. I assumed that it did not have
to be located under the /etc/mail dir since all the certs are stored in the
/usr/share/ssl/certs dir and also gets created there

> > define(`confCACERT_PATH',`CERT_DIR')
> > define(`confCACERT',`CERT_DIR/cacert.pem')
> > define(`confSERVER_CERT',`CERT_DIR/cert.pem')
> > define(`confSERVER_KEY',`CERT_DIR/key.pem')
> > define(`confCLIENT_CERT',`CERT_DIR/cert.pem')
> > define(`confCLIENT_KEY',`CERT_DIR/key.pem')
>
> > define(`MAIL_HUB')dnl
>
> No bigger change?

this was not a recent add. It was there when things were working fine. From my
understanding of MAIL_HUB I want this.

> > dnl # DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
>
> > DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')dnl
>
> You removed the localhost binding for the MTA but added the TLSMTA. Why
> the SMTPS service?
> Add again the first commented line and add it to for the public IP. That
> is the most important change which causes your Sendmail to no longer
> have an MTA!

I looked at a very old sendmail.mc file and added the following line
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl

> > FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')dnl
>
> You know what causes?

I've always had this so I know this was not the problem

> > MAILER(smtp)dnl
> > MAILER(procmail)dnl
> >
> > define(`MILTER', 1)
> > INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-amavis', `S=local:/var/amavis/amavis-milter.sock,
> F=T,
> > T=S:10m;R:10m;E:10m')
>
> No bigger change? I call a milter important.
> Beware: don't set anything below the MAILER entries!
>
> Alexander

After making the above change DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA') addition,
it still did not work. However when I commented out the milter, it worked. I
don't believe that I added this here. I believe that it was placed there when I
installed amavis. Are you saying that I should have this above the MAILER() options?

Avram