Cant log out / log back in

Billy Tallis wtallis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 03:54:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:21:25 -0000, Irving, Dave
<Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed FC3 on my laptop, and I encountered a weird
> thing...
> If I log out of my session, and then log back in, I just get a the blank
> blue background screen and nothing else: It never gets out of this (and
> currently im then rebooting to log back in...).

GNOME or KDE? Sounds like your logout isn't quite doing what it
should. Try logging in, then out, then in to a failsafe terminal from
which you can start your window manager, etc. and see all error
messages. You can probably use the switchdesk command, or start each
component individually until you hit an error. At the worst, you might
have to delete ~/.gnome or whatever.