custom-kernel 2.6.11 and Fedora Core 3

Anders Nielsen andersdrengen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 08:17:01 UTC 2005

> What do you have <*> in block devices?

# Block devices
#
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_XD is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_DA is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_CISS_DA is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DAC960 is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UMEM is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_COW_COMMON is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NBD is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SX8 is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UB is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT=16
CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE=""
# CONFIG_LBD is not set
# CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD is not set

- nothing relaly rings a bell with me. What do I have to re-configure here?

> What steps did you use to compile?

wget kernel -> bunzip -> un-tar -> copied old .config from another
working box in -> patched kernel to my IDE controller -> "make" ->
"make modules" -> "make modules_install" -> "make install" as far as I
recall...

Custom kernel works fine and IDE controller/disk (patched to use DMA)
is now seen as a DMA disk at boot and everything - but it still
displays
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Any ideas?