raw1394 device node not created by udev at boot time?

Steve Snyder swsnyder at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 16 12:28:01 UTC 2005

Hello.

On my (fully updated) FC3 system I have an iEEE-1394 (aka Firewire) card
installed.  I also have libraries that depend on the /dev/raw1394 device
node being present.  It seems that udev does not generate this devnode
automatically at boot time as it does other devices.

Plus, if I manually create the devnode it is removed at the next reboot.

Is there any way to coax my FC3 system into creating the /dev/raw1394
devnode at system startup?

Thanks.