my yum update error

Kumara kumara.jayaweera at damad.com
Wed Mar 16 13:52:56 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Howarth" <paul at city-fan.org>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: my yum update error

> Torben M. Hansen wrote:

>>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/RPM-GPG-
> >>E Y

> > Sorry, about that.
> >
> >>Thank you very much Paul,
> >>Actually, hopefully I got your reply.
> >>thanks, I am going to try it right now.
> >>Mohan
> >
> > If you have already done as I said, there is no harm done as you're
installing
> > the same key (and some others) by the method that Paul has told you.
>
> You might end up with some duplicate keys installed though - try:
>
> # rpm -q gpg-pubkey | sort
>
> If there are any repeated lines, you've got duplicate keys. Whilst these
> are harmless, it's irritating to have them and they're awkward to remove
> (you need to use the --allmatches option in "rpm -e" and then re-install
> the key you just removed).
>
> Paul.
>
> --

Hi all,
I thank to everybody in the list who helps me in my problems. i understood
that, to go cohesively with the list i should  have some basic things
established very well in me. now, my question is from where can i have these
knowledge? ( like installing/uninstalling packages, srcs, making rpms,
checking and getting updated dependencies, proper ways of handling those and
all absolute basics etc...etc..). because, Now, I understood that i have
many doubts in those areas. and without filling those holes it is
frustrating myself going ahead. I installed some packages successfully in FC
but after that stuck on them there. I read a whole book of FC1 before i came
to FC3. but after that, there are some changes too (like Xfree86 and Xorg),
so i thought to go back to primary school of Linux again.
Please, forward me your generous replies with links.
Mohan