Info: NeroLINUX published - Nero burning software for Linux platforms

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Mar 16 15:42:11 UTC 2005

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> --- David Liguori <liguorid at albany.edu> wrote:
>

>>Antonio Olivares wrote:

>>Could this indeed be yet another Wine patch
>>masquerading as a native Linux app?
>

> It is not a native linux app., but for those diehard
> fans that cannot do without their windows software in
> Linux and can run them through wine.  Take a look at
> http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=nero6
> And you can see/verify my point.
>
> REGARDS,
>
> ANTONIO
>

>>I agree with those who say that more good Linux apps
>>is good, period.
>>
>>Some of you who may not have purchased a Windows
>>license in a long time, if ever, may not understand
>>the concept of paying for software without any
>>support :-)

For those interested, here is a review and comparison of NeroLinux and
K3B.

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/printarticle.php?id=86

Basically, K3B will work much better for most people.  There is a
speed improvement with NeroLinux but not much, only few seconds.  The
front end is not as nice as K3B.

Enjoy.
--
Robin Laing