Firestarter Configuration

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Wed Mar 16 17:13:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-16-03 at 13:50 +0100, Sasa Stupar wrote:

> --On 16. marec 2005 14:42 +0300 Kumara <kumara.jayaweera at damad.com> wrote:

> Just run it in the Gnome env (or KDE). It is a nice GUI.
> Read the manual about configuration of clients
> http://firestarter.sourceforge.net
>
> Sasa

I too have installed this and configured it using the manual but had a
couple questions (I didn't find the answers at the website above):

I had previously run the Security Level configuration utility and it has
created some pretty simple IPtables entries, should I now "Disable
Firewall" in this config utility?

Is there any way of inputing a range of IPs for the trusted computers?
eg: 192.168.1.90:192.168.1.100

Using the rpm from Fedora Extras and installing with yum when I click
the icon in the menu i do not get a dialogue box requesting root
password etc, just get a box saying I have insufficient privileges as
current user and no icon in the panel.  Is there anyway to fix this so
that I get the proper dialogue as per the manual?  Currently I modify
setting by su'ing then "firestarter".

Thanks