mount -t nfs4 fails w/ permission denied; how to debug? (FC3)

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 16 18:30:46 UTC 2005

dan wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
[snip]
>> There is no "nfs4" filesystem type.  If you want to use NFSV4, then
>> add "nfsvers=4" in the mount options field:
>>
>> sudo mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=4 albus:/._disc1/sysadm/test1 /mnt/test1
>>
>> You should also note that many NFSV4 hosts no longer support UDP (the
>> default NFS network protocol) and only work with TCP.  You may need to
>> set the options to:
>>
>>     -o nfsvers=4,proto=tcp
>>
>> for it to work under NFSV4.
>

> <snip blah blah blah>
>
> There is an nfs4 filesystem type.  man mount.

I beg to differ.  There is no nfs4.ko kernel module.  It is possible
that mount accepts "-t nfs4", but there is no such filesystem.  If it
does accept that, then it is probably deconvolved into what I stated,
"-t nfs -o nfsvers=4".

-   Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the   -
-                     reader...who doesn't get it.                   -