Updated kernel, now some bluetooth module fails to load...?

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 16 23:02:19 UTC 2005

I have a laptop with internal bluetooth.  I did a fresh install of FC3.  All
was well.  Then I did a "yum update" using the yum.conf from fedorafaq.org.
Now when my computer boots, I catch a glimpse of some text that says
something about a bluetooth kernel module failing to load.  This happens
before rhgb starts.  It says something like:
Starting up hardware...  udev audio network
Then I see the bluetooth module failure message very briefly before rhgb
starts up.

I just bought a bluetooth mouse online, so I'm interested in getting this
working.

One thing to note is that I installed the ipw2200 drivers from source, so I
had to delete some kernel modules related to that:
# cd /lib/modules/2.6.10-1.741_FC3/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
# rm -rf ieee80211 ipw2100 ipw2200
but I don't think that should have any effect on the bluetooth stuff.

I'm sorry I can't provide more details, my laptop is at home and I'm at
work.  I think its the latest kernel in updates-released though.

Thank you for the help.