SCSI Woes Part II - The solution..almost..not..I'm going insane

Per Kristiansen per at gathering.org
Thu Mar 17 12:22:22 UTC 2005

As some of you might have gathered from my previous mail to the list, I was having some pretty severe SCSI issues.

So..out with the old, in with the new..

I bought a nice LSI MegaRaid SCSI320 PCI-X controller, and a new motherboard.

Now my old config (fedora RC2) I have two sata disks that are software raided (RAID1) together.

and yes I know..software raid bad..but atleast I had some protection.

So out goes the old motherboard, and in goes my shiny new ASUS PSCH-SR/SATA
Plugging in all the loose ends..

boot up..
getting the grub menu, and then...
Kernel panic as it does not see the SATA disks when it starts booting the system.
and of course are unable to find the /dev/md0

I've tried every bios setting available to me...no go..

googeling the issue seems to turn up little exept this one:
www.linux-tested.com says that it works with redhat

Well back to the old MB and the old SCSI issues.

I'm now compiling the 2.6.10-1.770_FC2 on my old mother board, nad will probably try another change
over the easter (going to The Gathering wohohoo http://www.gathering.org)

but is there ANYONE out there that have installed Fedora on this MB ?

I would love to hear from ya.

--
Per Kristiansen
per at gathering.org