Where is the script that does the automatic e2fsck's located?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Mar 17 15:09:46 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 17 March 2005 06:33, Paul Howarth wrote:
>>Which filesystems do you have on /dev/hdd ?
>

> Miss-cued, first reply didn't supply all the answers, sorry, Paul.
>
> The usual ext3 on /dev/hdd2 & 3, 1 is swap.

OK; I thought perhaps you might have had something more unusual like xfs
or reiserfs on there because the fsck manpage says for the -C option:

-C fd  Display completion/progress bars to the specified file
        descriptor for those filesystems checkers (currently only
        for ext2 and ext3) which support them.  Fsck will manage
        the filesystem checkers so that only one of them will
        display a progress bar at a time.

So it's not that then.

Paul.