httpd: error

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Thu Mar 17 15:54:54 UTC 2005

nick wrote:
> Hi I've been trying to install webmin before hence ive rebuild this
> box twice, ive been trying to enable https so i can remotel administer
> the bx using webmin. Ive followed webmin instructions to get https up
> and running but failed miserably..
>
> So if you have any good pointers or instruction i will be very happy
> to give them ago..
>
> Regards

let me guess... you're getting a perl module error, or the SSL error
when you attempt to install webmin, yes? I got the same thing on my FC3
web/mail server. As I recall, since I have two seperate installations of
PERL on this machine, threaded which installs as default, (/usr/bin),
and a non-threaded install (/usr/local) because Interchange uses
non-threaded PERL, I had to make sure that Webmin looks at the
non-threaded perl on the system. That in itself can be a real trick to
pull off.

At any rate, make sure that Net::SSLeay is installed in your PERL
installation, otherwise Webmin will not install unless you force it, and
even then its not likely to work correctly if at all without the
dependent PERL module(s).

--
Mark