KDE new version why isn't it available in up2date?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Mar 17 16:01:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 10:30:04AM -0500, Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> I'm assuming since it doesn't show then I should manually install it if
> I want it? Why wouldn't it be included in up2date listings?

New software doesn't just instantly get dumped into the updates area without
at least a little bit of thought. I assume you're talking about KDE 3.4
here. If you're brave, you can install it out of the Fedora development tree
(aka "rawhide"), or even enable this tree in up2date/yum. But this *will*,
eventually, EAT YOUR BRANE.