httpd trouble

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Thu Mar 17 16:15:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:47 -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:

<snip>

> using the php engine in this fashion I can embed small include
> statements or an entire block of full blown php - what ever pleases me
> or meets the need at the time and I'm not locked into making sure my
> extensions are all .php.

Sure, use what works for you :)

My point was that passing all .html pages to the php engine adds some
overhead.

It may well be the solution that fits best, but it adds overhead for
those pages that _do_not_ contain php code.  No way around that.  Maybe
that total overhead is large or small, workable or not, that is to be
judged in each situation.

Just a question, what if your .html pages contain jsp? does php handle
that gracefully? or, ehh gads!, asp code?

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>