RpmBuild Error

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Mar 17 17:58:08 UTC 2005

jim lawrence wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:20:39 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
>>jim lawrence wrote:
>>
>>>Now it is throwing a error for   libgnomeui-2.0
>>>I find it on my PC  in the
>>>/usr/share/locale/pick your language /libgnomeui-2.0.mo
>>>Guess i don't have it installed
>>
>>You probably need to do:
>># yum install libgnomeui-devel
>>
>>If you're building packages, you need the -devel packages for the
>>libraries you're using.
>

> I figured that as well  just seems that after I get one devel package
> install i need another
>
>  eel-2.0

That's one good reason why it's useful to get the right set of
BuildRequires included in the spec file for the RPM. You'll know about
all the missing dependencies as soon as you tried building the package,
rather than the iterative process you're having to go through now.

> this is what I'm trying to build
> http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/

You realise that there's an RPM for this in Fedora Extras?
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3/i386/mail-notification-1.1-1.i386.rpm

Paul.