FUDCon video

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 18:01:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 17:28 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 04:13:43PM -0500, jim lawrence wrote:
> > Why couln't the producer of the video format it into a mpeg or
> > something more standard that a ram file or rm file ?  I don't have
> > quick time, nor realplayer  <--these to formats to me are not standard
> > Don't mean to start anything here, but come on, Linux show and have to
> > something else than mplayer or totum, etc.... just my 2 cents
>
> Good question. I thought they were actually streamed in Ogg Theora
> originally....

We were providing Ogg Theora until we realized that the audio and video
encodings were getting out of sync. We are still working on a solution
and will provide Ogg Theora versions of all our videos as soon as it is
resolved.

If anyone has seen this problem before and knows how to fix it, please
let me know. Someone suggested encoding the video and audio separately
at the same bitrate and then merging them back together. We will try
that method next.

Cheers,
Tammy