DNS Bind Zone Transfer problem (FC3 Vs Debian)

Will Yardley fedora-list at veggiechinese.net
Thu Mar 17 21:20:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 06:10:16PM -0300, Flavio Borup wrote:

> I´ve soved the problem
>
> 1) The NS record points to the external (valid) ip address, so the
> nortify won´t work and

> 2) even restarting the salve server, the zone does not transfer, so i
> put a 15min time for refresh (default was 3 hs) and the transfer
> occurs
>
> the number 1 above was not changed. Only waiting, works!

Maybe read the Bind ARM and see "also-notify", "notify-explicit"...

Without knowing the specifics of your config and network setup it's hard
to say, but I can tell you that it's almost certainly possible to get
NOTIFY working (the fact that one machine is running BIND v8 might be a
problem, but I don't think it should be).

The master for this domain, for example, is behind NAT.