installing/using bittorrent client

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Fri Mar 18 01:56:25 UTC 2005

I installed BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 from www.bittorrent.com

But when I click on a torrent file, rather than starting a file
transfer, it just downloads the little file (I guess that's the thing
that describes the actual thing to download)

The bittorrent faq says the mime type should be associated with torrent
files.... I restarted firefox browser etc.

Where are the mime types defined? And where does the bittorrent client
program get put? I installed the rpm, but whereis doesn't find it...
mind you I'm not even 100% what the actual program name is... hmmm, is
there a command to see what's in the rpm file> (I'll go read about that)

I guess I'll have to define the mime type manually, that's OK, if I just
knew where to do that.

Thanks,
Don