FC3 Install Succeeds, but smartd fails on boot

Crisler, Jon JCrisler at corvis.com
Fri Mar 18 02:52:44 UTC 2005

It appears that SATA is not supported by SmartD.  You should just disable it.  Smartd is a predictive failure analysis program that monitors hard drives that support the Smartd standard....if it detects certain trends of errors in your hard drive, it is supposed to warn you as such, to give you plenty of time to back up your data and plan for a HD replacement.

Since the drive does not support it, you are not gaining anything by running it, but you are loosing a bit of memory.  perhaps you could keep an eye out for smartd updates, but beyond that just disable it for now.