FC3 Sorry, have sound problems (sound card "detected" but no sound)

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:13:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:28:34 -0800 (PST), VB <vboyt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok so when installing I listened to the test sound and
> I could hear it just fine.  First login I updated
> alsa-lib, alsa-lib-devel.  Restart. Update kernel to
> 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 and now I can't get any sound.  Yes,
> I've tried alsamixer to unmute whatever is muted and
> I've gone into gnome-volume-control, but nothing
> works.  I can't even get a sound from the "Sound
> Detection" GUI.
>
> It seems my card is detected fine.  Doing an lsmod I
> can see several modules related to my sound card.
My wifes PC did the same thing. I'm just trying to remember what I did
to fix it. I'll get back to this when I remember or unless one of the
gurus gets to it first :)

For the wireless  there is a how to at fedoranews.org
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/jim_lawrence/wireless/  <---follow
it to the point to where
you get the 3 rpms installed.  then go to this link
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/jim_lawrence/network_manager/ to
finish it up.
--

Jim Lawrence