Perc3Di SCSI RAID + Adaptec 2810SA RAID = Fatal Grub Error?

Linux OnTheEdge linuxontheedge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:14:22 UTC 2005

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2650 with on-board Adaptec Perc3Di SCSI RAID
controller (mirrored 18GB drives for OS).  It also has an add-in
Adaptec 2810SA 8-channel SATA RAID card.  After installing FC3, and
installing GRUB to the MBR of the mirrored 18GB drives for OS, when I
boot the system, I get  "GRUB Loading Stage2Read Error".

The Dell system and both RAID controllers were updated to their latest
BIOS versions prior to installing the OS.

I even tried (to no avail) booting into rescue mode, chrooting, and running:
"grub-install /dev/sda".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.