rsync fails to update/syncronize files with Chinese name

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 18 01:13:26 UTC 2005

Part 1:
Those newly created files in Chinese name in source hard drive can't be
copied into destination hard drive.
Those current files in Chinese name in source hard drive can't be copied
into destination hard drive.
Those current files in Chinese name in source hard drive when content is
changed, such change is not updated in destination hard drive.
------------------------------
Part 2;
File name in English with contents in Chinese in source hard drive can
be copied into destination hard drive, and if the content in it has been
change, such change will also be updated in destination hard drive.
Here is my script for doing my backup and update;

mount -t vfat -o iocharset=utf8,codepage=950 /dev/hdg5 /mnt/ms
mount -t vfat -o iocharset=utf8,codepage=950 /dev/hdl5 /mnt/bak
rsync -av /mnt/ms/ /mnt/bak/

Can anyone help? Thanks