booting an intel 815 fc3 without monitor

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 20:38:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:50:12 -0800, bruce <bedouglas at earthlink.net> wrote:
> so....
>
> just how do i boot into runlevel 3... is there something i should add to the
> grub.conf file... where can i find exact instructions!!
>
> thanks.
>
> bruce

If you look really close at my last email, I told you how :).  Just
stick " 3" at the end of the kernel line in your grub.conf.  Press 'a'
at the boot prompt to edit the kernel line for that one boot, or add
it to your grub.conf (make sure your monitor isn't plugged in when you
actually boot :)).  Or you can edit the /etc/inittab file if you want
to make it permanent.  Change the line:
id:5:initdefault:
to be
id:3:initdefault: