which source file/rpm to look at?

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Fri Mar 18 20:39:48 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 20:10, Don Russell wrote:
> I want to look at the source code for the uname command, and for
> xscreensaver....
>
> I got the torrent of all the fedora core 3 source, 4 ISOs worth... but
> now I don't know which of the thousands of rpms contain the part I want
> to look at.
>
> How do you tell?
first you find out which rpm uname comes from:
[stuart at behemoth ~]$ which uname
/bin/uname
[stuart at behemoth ~]$ rpm -qf /bin/uname
coreutils-5.2.1-31
the same approach applies to xscreensaver.

you then find the .src.rpm on one of the discs (dunno which one)

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP
	A farmer with extremely prolific hens posted the following sign.  "Free